- May 25, 3:30-5:00, Library: Retirement Celebration for Mrs. Carruthers
- May 26: Field Day and PTA General Meeting - Volunteer
- May 29: Memorial Day - No School
- May 31, 2:00 p.m.: Kindergarten Music Program
- June 1, 1:30: Class Parties
- June 2: Last Day of School; 5th Grade Sendoff; Early Release at 12:00 p.m.
- June 2: Ensure your child’s lunch account is paid in full before the last day of school
- June 3-August 20: Summer!
- August 7 & 8: PISD Elementary School New Student Registration
- August 10, 2:00-4:00 p.m.: Our new 6th Graders can Pickup their Schedules at MMS
- August 21: First Day of Classes - 2017-2018 Calendar
Parent Volunteers are needed to assist and monitor students at various stations during Field Day.
We currently have about 35 parent volunteers and could use a whole lot more! It takes a minimum of 30 volunteers for each shift and out of those 35 we have very few all day volunteers. Ideally, we need to have at least 2 adults per station so that volunteers can take breaks and still monitor the students.
Boggess Field Day - Friday, May 26, 2017
Sign up on the Boggess PTA Website: https://boggesspta.membershiptoolkit.com/volunteer/11615
The deadline to sign up - May 21st - is approaching quickly. We need time to verify background checks and get volunteers organized!
**All volunteers must have completed a PISD Volunteer Application: http://www.pisd.edu/about.us/partners.volunteers/volunteer.application.shtml
Please feel free to pass this information on to parents who may not subscribe to our newsletters.Questions: Amy Hemphill - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Texas State Legislature is in session and there are many issues that are being considered in regards to public education - both in finance and accountability. The PISD Board of Trustees and PTA representatives at the local and state level have been meeting with legislators to advocate for the parents and students of PISD on various bills that will effect taxpayers and educators, including:
PISD Board of Trustees' resolution: Property Tax Relief and Transparency in Taxation
Taxparency Texas - do you know where your property taxes are going?
You can sign up for Kroger’s Community Rewards program and choose the Boggess PTA as the organization you’d like to support. Link your Kroger Plus Rewards Card to Boggess Elementary and when you swipe your card to save, Kroger will donate to the Boggess PTA and benefit all of the students and parents of Boggess.
After you login or create an account, the Account Summary area has a Community Rewards Section. Just choose Boggess and you’re ready to shop and contribute!